Monday, April 19, 2010
rEd bEaN pAu
400g Hongkong flour (pau flour)
200g water (I added more)
a pinch Salt
10g double action baking powder
7g instant dried
30 g shortening
1. Place water in the bread maker pan. Top it with Hongkong flour, sugar, salt, baking powder and instant yeast.
2. Set the bread maker to Dough and let it knead.
3. When the dough is combined, add in shortening and let the bread maker finish it's job of kneading and
proving which will take about 1 1/2 hour.
4. Remove from pan and punch the air out. Cut the dough weighing 30 g each. Make it into round balls
and leave to rest for 10 minutes.
5. Flatten the dough and wrap the red bean filling.
6. Place each pau on a piece of paper or small piece of banana leaf.
7. Arrange in the steamer and let it proof again.
8. Steam for 15 minutes.