Preparation Time : 5-10 minutes
Baking time: 35 minutes
Makes four (4) 7-inch pizzas
2 ½ to 3 cups all purpose flour (may be part whole wheat flour)
1 pkg. (1/4 oz.) or 2 ¼ teaspoons fast rising dry yeast
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup very warm water (125 to 130 degrees F.)
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 tablespoon cornmeal
1. In large bowl, combine 2 cups flour, undissolved yeast and salt. Mix water and oil together; add to flour mixture. Stir until ingredients are blended. Add small amounts of additional flour until dough forms a rough ball and pulls away from sides of bowl.
2. Knead in bowl or on clean, lightly floured surface until dough is smooth, about 4 to 6 minutes. Divide into four even pieces, shape into smooth balls.
3. Place bowl over dough pieces and allow to rest 10 minutes.
4. Prepare toppings.
5. Lightly oil cookie sheets. Sprinkle with cornmeal. Use hands to pat dough pieces into flat round crusts on cookie sheets so they are not touching. Pinch to form an edge.
6. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
7. With fork, prick the crust surface every few inches. Sprinkle with garlic powder.
8. Select toppings. Spread ¼ can (1/3 cup) sauce over crust, top with 1 oz meat, 1 tablespoon of each vegetable topping and ¼ cup (1 oz.) shredded cheese.
9. Bake at 400 degrees F. for 20 to 25 minutes or until crust is golden brown